Doctor of Ministry Degree
The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree is an advanced professional degree designed for those in pastoral and para-church ministries. The DMin degree program is composed of ministry-oriented, doctoral-level courses, which cover topics such as preaching, evangelism and outreach, spiritual formation, and leadership. HGST allows DMin students to specialize in one of four areas:
- Missional Leadership prepares students to provides leadership in a variety of contexts, within missional and post-modern cultures. Directed by Ken Shuman.
- Pastoral Care combines the best of pastoral ministries and counseling disciplines to inform students regarding concepts and practices in this field of study. Directed by Jerry Terrill.
- Pastoral Leadership addresses congregational systems, leading through change, and ministry in a post-modern culture. Directed by Ken Shuman.
- Preaching Specialization This specialization is intended to cultivate a greater appreciation for and appropriation of biblical preaching for the 21st Century church and culture. Directed by Marcus Cosby.
- Spiritual Direction and Formation provides a way for students to receive spiritual direction certification while completing the Doctor of Ministry degree program. Directed by Jerry Webber.
|Dr. Norberto Gomez|
Students must have a Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university. Additionally, applicants must have at least three years of post-MDiv professional, ministry experience and be currently working in a ministry setting.
The DMin Program consists of six semesters (each five months in length) and a final project. Students take seven credit hours per semester and are expected to complete the following requirements:
- Two months of pre-seminar work
- An intensive, week-long, onsite seminar
- Three months of post-seminar work
- A final Doctor of Ministry project or practicum*
*Work on the final project or practicum should be done in conjunction with each seminar and for one semester following the completion of all six seminars.
Contact Dr. Becky Towne if you have any questions about the Doctor of Ministry Program.
|DMin Degree Information|
|DMin Course Link|
|DMin INTENT TO GRADUATE FORM|
|DMin Project & Practicum Manual|