What is “Cost of Attendance” (COA)?
Cost of Attendance (COA)
When awarding financial aid, schools must include Cost of Attendance (COA) in the award determination. Federal aid (Direct Unsubsidized and Graduate Plus) cannot exceed this cost. The COA calculation is based on statistics released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget. The Official COA includes:
- Tuition & Fees: The actual cost a student incurs varies depending upon the Student’s number of enrolled credit hours. The 2014-2015 tuition rate is $450 per credit hour and the per semester student service fee is $260. Based on the current 2014-2015 rates, estimated full-time tuition and fees (9 hours) are $4,310 per semester. Based on the current 2014-2015 rates, estimated part-time tuition and fees (5 – 8 hours) are $2,510 – $3,860 per semester. For more information about tuition and fees Click Here.
- Miscellaneous: This category includes books, supplies, origination fees, and other miscellaneous expenses. For more information about origination fees Click Here.
- Housing: Total housing cost includes housing, utilities, and food. Housing and utilities represent approximately 75% of the total cost and food represents approximately 25%. Actual student housing cost may vary from this estimate.
- Transportation: This component includes an estimated allowance for a student’s cost for commuting to campus. This allowance does not provide for vehicle maintenance. Full-time students have a higher transportation allowance than half-time students based on the premise that full-time students make a greater number of campus trips.
- Contact: Our Financial Aid Officer, Linda Long, is available to answer questions about financing your seminary education.
Cost of Attendance (2014/2015) $450/credit hour
|Full-Time (9+ hours/semester)|
|Tuition & Fees||$8,620.00 (9 hours|
|One semester: $10,090.00|
|Half-Time (5-8 hours/semester)|
|Tuition & Fees||$6,820.00|
|One semester: $8,612.00|
Cost of Attendance (2014/2015) COA
|Full-Time (7 hours/semester) DMin|
|Tuition & Fees||$6,970.00|
|One semester: $9,776.00|
|Half-Time (3-6 hours/semester) DMin|
|Tuition & Fees||$4,270.00|
|One semester: $7,502.00|