Growing hospice company is looking to hire an additional chaplain to Hospice Team. If you meet qualifications below, please email resume to email@example.com
· Pastoral care as determined by spiritual assessment and the interdisciplinary team plan of care to patient and families by Chaplain visit.
- · Acts as liaison between patient/family, local clergy, and the interdisciplinary team.
- · Attends interdisciplinary team meetings to provide spiritual input to the plan of care and to assist spiritual and emotional issues for the team.
- · Ensures that the team assesses and responds to bereavement needs of patient and families and that a bereavement plan of care is provided and follow up.
- · Provides bereavement services such as bereavement visits and phone calls to survivors and planning and conducting program memorial services. Plan and conducts funeral services as appropriate. Facilitates bereavement group activities.
- · The Home Care Chaplain provides approximately 12 hours weekly coordinating and providing bereavement services.
- · Documents all services provided.
- · Provides education and training as appropriate to staff, facility and patients and families.
- · Provides pastoral care to staff as appropriate.
- · Participates in the chaplain on-call schedule.
- · Attends professional conferences, retreats, and continuing education events as needed for professional pastoral care competency and maintaining endorsement/good standing with his/her faith body.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- · Master of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited seminary or theological school preferred.