Houston Graduate School of Theology Library
Click the links below to access our holdings:
HGST Students and Faculty: If the HGST “Electronic Resources” link is inaccessible, please enter the ATLAS/EBSCO login you have been given for this page: http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Professors: Audio Visual (AV) Request Form
The library supports the school’s mission by providing the core resources necessary for superior Christian ministry and scholarship. Our library staff is available to help students and faculty utilize the resources and technology they need to succeed at HGST. Additionally, our students enjoy Interlibrary Loan privileges at Rice University’s Fondren Library. Students must contact an HGST library staff person to complete the necessary paperwork before they will be allowed to borrow any materials from Fondren Library. HGST students may also use on-site resources at the University of St. Thomas’ Cardinal Beran Library and at Lanier Theological Library.
For renewal requests, hours, and general inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 713-942-9505. You may also contact our library staff directly using the information below.
HGST Library Hours:
|Monday||8:30am – 9pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 9pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am – 9pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 9pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3pm|
|Saturday*||8:30am – 4pm*|
|*See Saturday closings below.|
Library will be closed:
|Labor Day||September 2, 2013|
|Thanksgiving||November 25-30 2013|
|Commencement||December 14, 2013|
|Christmas||December 20-January 1, 2014|
|Saturday||Aug. 31, Sept. 14, Oct. 12, Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 14|
Rice University’s Fondren Library On-Site Borrowing
Current HGST faculty and students only may borrow up to 4 books from Fondren Library at Rice University. To check out books from Fondren, please follow these steps:
- Check the HGST Library catalog first to make sure that HGST does not already own the book.
- Go to the Fondren Library online catalog http://library.rice.edu/#catalog to search for books.
- Complete our fillable PDF form “On-Site Borrowing from Fondren Library, Rice University” and print one copy for each separate book.
- Bring form(s) to HGST where each must be approved & signed by an HGST library staff person.
- For each book, HGST library keeps 1 copy of signed form, the HGST student takes 2 signed copies to Fondren Library, and the student keeps one copy for him/herself.
- Students are responsible for returning all materials borrowed from the Fondren Library to the Fondren Library.
HGST Library Alumni Borrowing Policy
HGST alumni are welcome to visit the Library and use our materials on site. HGST alumni may also join the “Friends of the HGST Library” and pay a $35 annual fee, which will enable them to enjoy full library privileges including borrowing up to six books at a time for a period of two weeks, with renewals available if no one has requested the book.
Library Director: Jan Kennard
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 100
Library Assistant: Linda Renz
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 104
Library Assistant: Carissa Gigliotti
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 109