Houston Graduate School of Theology Library
|Click here to search Library Catalog|
|Click here to search ATLASerials Journal Article Database|
|Audiovisual (AV) Request Form: Click here (Professors)|
|The library supports the school’s mission by providing the core resources necessary for superior Christian ministry and scholarship. Our library staff is available to help students and faculty utilize the resources and technology they need to succeed at HGST.|
|Rice University’s Fondren Library. Additionally, our students enjoy Inter-library Loan privileges at Fondren Library. Students must first contact HGST library staff to complete the necessary form prior to borrowing any materials from Fondren Library.|
|University of St. Thomas’ Cardinal Beran Library is available for on-site use by HGST students.|
|Lanier Theological Library resources may be accessed on-site.|
|For HGST renewal requests, hours, and general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-942-9505. You may also contact our library staff directly using the information below.|
Summer II Library Hours
|Monday||8:30am – 10:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 10:00pm|
|Wednesday …||8:30am - 9:30pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 9:30pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
Library will be closed:
The HGST offices will close at 4:30 pm Thursday, July 3 and remain closed on Friday, July 4. Enjoy the holiday weekend safely.
|Labor Day……….||September 1, 2014|
|Thanksgiving ……..||November 24-28, 2014|
|Christmas Break||December 19, 2014 – January 2, 2015|
|MLK Day||January 19, 2015|
|Easter||April 3-4, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2015|
Rice University’s Fondren Library On-Site Borrowing
Current HGST faculty and students only may borrow up to 4 books from Fondren Library at Rice University. To check out books from Fondren, please follow these steps:
- Check the HGST Library catalog first to make sure that HGST does not already own the book.
- Go to the Fondren Library online catalog http://library.rice.edu/#catalog to search for books.
- Complete our fillable PDF form “On-Site Borrowing from Fondren Library, Rice University” and print one copy for each separate book.
- Bring form(s) to HGST where each must be approved & signed by an HGST library staff person.
- For each book, HGST library keeps 1 copy of signed form, the HGST student takes 2 signed copies to Fondren Library, and the student keeps one copy for him/herself.
- Students are responsible for returning all materials borrowed from the Fondren Library to the Fondren Library.
HGST Library Alumni Borrowing Policy
HGST alumni are welcome to visit the Library and use our materials on site. HGST alumni may also join the “Friends of the HGST Library” and pay a $35 annual fee, which will enable them to enjoy full library privileges including borrowing up to six books at a time for a period of two weeks, with renewals available if no one has requested the book.
Library Director: Jan Kennard Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 100 Fax: 713-942-9506 Email: email@example.com
Library Assistant: Linda Renz Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 104 Fax: 713-942-9506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Assistant: Carissa Gigliotti Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 109 Fax: 713-942-9506 Email: email@example.com