Houston Graduate School of Theology Library
The HGST Library supports the school’s mission by providing the core resources necessary for superior Christian ministry and scholarship. Our library staff is available to help students and faculty utilize the resources and technology they need in order to succeed at HGST.
|Library Director: Jan Kennard
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 100
|Library Assistant: Linda Renz
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 104
|Library Assistant: Carissa Gigliotti
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 109
Fall 2014 Library Hours
|Monday||8:30am – 9:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 9:00pm|
|Wednesday …||8:30am – 8:00pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 9:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
Library will be closed:
|Labor Day……….||September 1, 2014|
|Thanksgiving ……..||November 24-28, 2014|
|Christmas Break||December 19, 2014 – January 2, 2015|
|MLK Day||January 19, 2015|
|Easter||April 3-4, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2015|
For HGST Library renewal requests, hours, and general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-942-9505.
HGST Library Resources
|Looking for books? Click here to search Library Catalog|
|Looking for articles? Click here to search ATLASerials Journal Article Database|
|Free trial for a limited time only:
Alexander Street Counseling and Therapy in Video Series
The Video Journal of Counseling and Therapy
Professors will provide the Username/Password in each of their classes.
Access the Alexander Street materials here: http://search.alexanderstreet.com
|Professor’s Link: Audiovisual (AV) Request Form: Click here|
|Professor’s Link: Book Purchase Request Form: Click here|
Other Helpful Library Links:
|Rice University’s Fondren Library. Additionally, our students enjoy Inter-library Loan privileges at Fondren Library. Students must first contact HGST library staff to complete the necessary form prior to borrowing any materials from Fondren Library.|
Current HGST faculty and students only may borrow up to 4 books from Fondren Library at Rice University. To check out books from Fondren, please follow these steps:
- Check the HGST Library catalog first to make sure that HGST does not already own the book.
- Go to the Fondren Library online catalog http://library.rice.edu/#catalog to search for books.
- Complete our fillable PDF form “On-Site Borrowing from Fondren Library, Rice University” and print one copy for each separate book.
- Bring form(s) to HGST where each must be approved & signed by an HGST library staff person.
- For each book, HGST library keeps 1 copy of signed form, the HGST student takes 2 signed copies to Fondren Library, and the student keeps one copy for him/herself.
- Students are responsible for returning all materials borrowed from the Fondren Library to the Fondren Library.
Houston Public Library. HGST students are encouraged to obtain a library card from their local public library branch. The public library provides interlibrary Loan Service as well as access to many journals and information databases. Please click on the hyperlink above for more information.