Houston Graduate School of Theology Library
The HGST Library supports the school’s mission by providing the core resources necessary for superior Christian ministry and scholarship. Our library staff is available to help students and faculty utilize the resources and technology they need in order to succeed at HGST.
|Library Director: Jan Kennard
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 100
|Library Assistant:Linda Renz
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 104
|Library Assistant: Carissa Gigliotti
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 109
Summer I June 15 – 26, 2015
|Monday||1 – 10:00pm|
|Tuesday||1 – 10:00pm|
|Wednesday …||1 – 9:30pm|
|Thursday||1 – 9:30pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
Interim June 29 – July 5, 2015
|Monday||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday …||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 7:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
Library will be closed:
|MLK Day||January 19, 2015|
|Easter||April 3-4, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2015|
For HGST Library renewal requests, hours, and general inquiries,
please email email@example.com or call 713-942-9505.
HGST Library Resources
|Looking for books? CLICK HERE to search Library Catalog|
|Looking for articles? CLICK HERE to search ATLASerials Journal Article Database|
|Professor’s Link: Audiovisual (AV) Request Form: Click here|
|Professor’s Link: Book Purchase Request Form: Click here|
Other Helpful Library Links:
|Rice University’s Fondren Library, at 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, offers Inter-library Loan privileges for HGST students. Students must first contact HGST library staff to complete the necessary form prior to borrowing any materials from Fondren Library. Current HGST faculty and students only may borrow up to 4 books from Rice University Fondren Library.|
To check out books from Fondren, please follow these steps:
- Check the HGST Library catalog first to make sure HGST does not already own the book.
- Go to the Fondren Library online catalog http://library.rice.edu/#catalog to search for needed books.
- Complete our fillable PDF form On-Site Borrowing from Fondren Library, Rice University and print one copy for each book you need.
- Bring form(s) to HGST where each must be approved & signed by HGST library staff.
- For each book, HGST library keeps 1 copy of signed form, the HGST student takes 2 signed copies to Fondren Library, and the student keeps one copy for him/herself.
- Students are responsible for returning all materials borrowed from the Fondren Library to the Fondren Library.
Public Libraries. HGST students are encouraged to obtain a library card from their local public library branch: Houston Public Library (http://houstonlibrary.org/), Harris County Public Library (http://www.hcpl.net/) or libraries from any of the surrounding counties. The public library provides free interlibrary Loan Service as well as access to many journal databases that require a username/password.
|Library Events CLICK HERE|