Houston Graduate School of Theology Library
The HGST Library supports the school’s mission by providing the core resources necessary for superior Christian ministry and scholarship. Our library staff is available to help students and faculty utilize the resources and technology they need in order to succeed at HGST.
|Library Director: Jan Kennard
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 100
|Library Assistant:Linda Renz
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 104
|Library Assistant: Carissa Gigliotti
Phone: 713-942-9505 ext 109
Library Hours: Interim May 11 – 31, 2015
|Monday||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday …||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:30am – 7:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
Library will be closed:
|MLK Day||January 19, 2015|
|Easter||April 3-4, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2015|
For HGST Library renewal requests, hours, and general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-942-9505.
HGST Library Resources
|Looking for books? CLICK HERE to search Library Catalog|
|Looking for articles? CLICK HERE to search ATLASerials Journal Article Database|
|Professor’s Link: Audiovisual (AV) Request Form: Click here|
|Professor’s Link: Book Purchase Request Form: Click here|
|HGST has access to a free trial (February – April) of the ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) eBook collection. This set includes a selection of full-text eBooks from the Society of Biblical Literature.
Other Helpful Library Links:
|Rice University’s Fondren Library. Additionally, our students enjoy Inter-library Loan privileges at Fondren Library. Students must first contact HGST library staff to complete the necessary form prior to borrowing any materials from Fondren Library.|
Current HGST faculty and students only may borrow up to 4 books from Fondren Library at Rice University. To check out books from Fondren, please follow these steps:
- Check the HGST Library catalog first to make sure that HGST does not already own the book.
- Go to the Fondren Library online catalog http://library.rice.edu/#catalog to search for needed books.
- Complete our fillable PDF form On-Site Borrowing from Fondren Library, Rice University and print one copy for each separate book.
- Bring form(s) to HGST where each must be approved & signed by an HGST library staff person.
- For each book, HGST library keeps 1 copy of signed form, the HGST student takes 2 signed copies to Fondren Library, and the student keeps one copy for him/herself.
- Students are responsible for returning all materials borrowed from the Fondren Library to the Fondren Library.
Public Libraries. HGST students are encouraged to obtain a library card from their local public library branch: Houston Public Library (http://houstonlibrary.org/), Harris County Public Library (http://www.hcpl.net/) or libraries from any of the surrounding counties. The public library provides free interlibrary Loan Service as well as access to many journal databases that require a username/password.
|Library Events CLICK HERE|