International applicants should submit the following:
- Master’s application
- Application fee ($50 before the application deadline and $100 after the deadline)
- Evaluated international transcripts sent directly to HGST from the credentialing agency. HGST prefers that prospective students use World Education Services (WES), Foreign Academic Credentials Service (FACS), SpanTran Evaluation Services, or Global Credential Evaluators (GCE).
- Three reference forms (one academic, one pastoral, and one personal or professional)
- Completed admission questions for the appropriate program (MAC, MACM, MDiv, MTS)
- For applicants whose first language is not English, a TOEFL score must be submitted. HGST’s institution code is 0017. Applicants must score at least 550 (written), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based).
- Master of Arts in Counseling applicants must take the GRE General Test unless applicant receives a waiver. Scores from up to five years prior to application will be accepted. HGST’s GRE institution code is 6957. The minimum score is 281 combined.
- If admitted, international students will be asked to complete the English Proficiency Exam at HGST upon arrival in Houston. The exam is 50 multiple-choice questions and is free of charge.
If admitted as a student, international applicants must also submit the following to HGST:
- Certificate of Finance & Affidavit of Support
- Immigration Documentation Processing Fees
- Once an applicant is admitted, he or she is required to obtain an F-1 Visa to study in the United States.
Please contact Linda Long with all questions about obtaining an F-1 visa. For a comprehensive guide to obtaining a student visa and maintaining visa status, please visit the Study in the States website.
International Impact of HGST
HGST is making an impact on a local and international level. Our applicants, students, and alumni come from many places, from right down the street to the other side of the earth. We love the rich cultural heritage each person brings to our community. Though our individual faith journeys and traditions may be very different, when woven together in the sacred space of mutual respect and open dialogue, we begin to manifest Christ’s message of unity and love!
If you desire to be part of the tapestry of HGST’s unique learning community, contact our Admissions Office for more information.
You can see from this map just some of the countries that have impacted HGST. If you are a student or alum whose home country is not yet listed below, please contact us and we will add it!
Alphabetical List of Countries
Azerbaijan Bahamas Canada China
Cuba Ecuador Ethiopia Germany
Guatemala Guyana Haiti Honduras
India Kenya Mexico Myanmar
Netherlands Nigeria Panama Peru
Poland Philippines South Africa South Korea
Tanzania United Arab Emirates United Kingdom
United States Venezuela Vietnam Zambia